Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2009: The Reeee'MMIX'!!!!


Many of you know I observe the Mayan calendar (falling out with Caesar - don't ask!), so tonight doesn't have the same significance for me as for most of you. It's just regular old 12.19.15.17.7.7 Manik' 10 K'anki'n G5. Sorry, I guess I'm old-fashioned. But, as I live in a romanphilic society, I try to appease my fellow citizens by honoring their adorable customs. And if you guys say tonight's "New Year's Eve", well then by all means, let's celebrate your charming if antiquated holiday! Man you're cute.

Here's the problem. All too often, partying can go from "whooo!" to "waaah!" in a heartbeat. For instance, you could turn your head for an instant at the bar, maybe to sneeze or vomit just a little, and BAM!, Rohypnol all up in your Korbel. Or maybe you have a friend named Bubbles who's been kickin' back rum and Cokes since 9:00, and now he's offering people rides home. Do you think he should drive? I don't. First of all, who's named 'Bubbles'? Sounds like a nickname and I don't want to know how he got it. Secondly, he's five foot nothin', a hundred and nothin', and he hung in with the best college football team in the land - sorry, I broke into the famed Rudy soliloquy. It's a good one.

Point is, let's keep it safe out there. You know the priorities.

1. Safety
2. Fun
3. Regret

Even though we won't be around after 12/21/12, that doesn't mean we shouldn't party like it's 1999. But let's party like it's a casual Friday night in 1999, in like, I don't know, say April.

No comments:

Post a Comment